Dykelings and Straight Girls

// January 20th, 2006 // Gaysville

We’ve been watching a British series on DVD called Sugar Rush, which is all about a teen lesbian who is terribly in love with her straight best friend – yes I know! Watching THREE lesbian-themed tv shows at once! I love living in the 21st century…

Anyway, this particular show has brought back lots of memories of being a young teen dykeling, and having tortured crushes on straight girls and all the torment that ensued. I think I finally have some perspective on that time in my life, and have started to see things from the straight girl’s point-of-view.

So for any struggling teen lesbians out there, here is my analysis of the “dykeling-straight best friend” dynamic.

• dykeling falls for straight girl < --> dykeling develops friendship with straight girl (whichever comes first)
  • secret all-consuming passion on dykeling’s side –> friendly devotion, very supportive friend who would do anything for other
  • straight girl has deep appreciation for this very valued friend, unaware or only subconsciously aware of the other’s true feelings
  • dykeling too scared to tell straight girl of true feelings, fearing loss of friendship / humiliation / exposure as crazy lesbian freak :)
  • this equilbrium can go on for many months or even years – two years is my record! Very very torturous for dykeling
  • finally feelings are exposed deliberately or accidentally
  • straight girl is very surprised, doesn’t want to lose best friend, thinks “maybe it can work”, kisses dykeling
  • dykeling is over the moon! It is all meant to be! Written in the stars! True love!
  • straight girl realises it is not going to work, she is straight and cannot reciprocate
  • straight girl kisses or picks up boy in order to make it very clear that there is no future
  • dykeling is utterly heartbroken and confused
  • friendship is over
  • Yes, that’s the way it seems to pan out.

Except for those straight girls who turn out to be lesbians after all, like my darling Jan! Even then we didn’t have the “friendship” part, we were only friends for three weeks before we kissed. But then I was out then which makes all the difference.

So I guess my advice to dykelings of the future is: 1) honesty and 2) out yourself early on, if you can.

116 Responses to “Dykelings and Straight Girls”

1. I have to voice my admiration for your kindness for those who should have assistance with this one subject. Your very own commitment to passing the message throughout had become amazingly beneficial and has in most cases helped people like me to achieve their targets. Your amazing useful guidelines means this much to me and somewhat more to my mates. Regards; from all of us.

2. Thanks for your own hard work on this web page. My mum loves setting aside time for investigation and it’s easy to understand why. Many of us notice all of the lively ways you convey rewarding tips through this blog and welcome response from visitors on this idea then our simple princess is starting to learn so much. Take pleasure in the remaining portion of the new year. You are performing a stunning job.

3. jordan shoes says:

I have to show my admiration for your generosity giving support to persons that have the need for help with in this idea. Your very own commitment to passing the message around was extraordinarily informative and has frequently helped people just like me to achieve their objectives. The warm and helpful suggestions can mean a lot to me and still more to my office workers. Warm regards; from each one of us.

4. My spouse and i ended up being really ecstatic John managed to conclude his analysis via the ideas he discovered through your site. It’s not at all simplistic to simply be giving out instructions that many some other people have been making money from. And we also take into account we’ve got the writer to give thanks to for this. The main illustrations you’ve made, the straightforward site navigation, the friendships your site make it possible to engender – it is many terrific, and it’s really leading our son in addition to us do think this matter is cool, which is very important. Thanks for all the pieces!

5. hydroxychloroquine for covid antimalarial drugs hydroxychloroquine what is hydroxychloroquine 200 mg

6. kobe shoes says:

My spouse and i have been absolutely relieved that Edward managed to round up his inquiry via the precious recommendations he got while using the web pages. It is now and again perplexing just to happen to be freely giving guidance that many people may have been selling. And we also take into account we have got the website owner to give thanks to because of that. These explanations you have made, the easy website navigation, the relationships your site assist to instill – it is all exceptional, and it’s really leading our son in addition to our family recognize that the concept is satisfying, and that’s very important. Many thanks for the whole thing!

7. My wife and i felt absolutely fortunate when Chris could do his analysis via the precious recommendations he was given from your very own blog. It’s not at all simplistic just to possibly be giving for free secrets other people may have been trying to sell. And we also do understand we have got the blog owner to appreciate because of that. The entire illustrations you made, the easy web site menu, the relationships you will help instill – it is mostly spectacular, and it is facilitating our son and the family reason why this content is amusing, and that is truly essential. Thank you for the whole lot!

8. yeezy supply says:

Thanks a lot for giving everyone an extremely brilliant opportunity to read from here. It’s usually very beneficial and as well , jam-packed with a lot of fun for me and my office fellow workers to visit the blog at least thrice in 7 days to read through the latest secrets you will have. Of course, we are at all times satisfied with all the exceptional advice you give. Some two facts in this post are definitely the most efficient we have had.

9. I simply wanted to make a simple remark to be able to appreciate you for all of the pleasant items you are posting on this website. My time-consuming internet look up has at the end of the day been rewarded with wonderful facts and techniques to go over with my best friends. I would declare that most of us readers are undeniably endowed to live in a useful community with many awesome individuals with very helpful tips. I feel really blessed to have seen your entire webpage and look forward to some more fabulous minutes reading here. Thanks once more for everything.

10. moncler says:

I’m commenting to make you be aware of what a nice discovery my friend’s daughter went through viewing your webblog. She even learned several things, including how it is like to possess an excellent teaching mood to have the others effortlessly understand a number of complicated issues. You undoubtedly did more than our desires. Thanks for rendering these precious, safe, explanatory as well as unique tips about that topic to Janet.

11. I want to show my passion for your generosity in support of people that require help on this particular situation. Your real commitment to getting the message across became particularly insightful and have without exception enabled those just like me to arrive at their pursuits. Your own informative help and advice means a great deal to me and additionally to my office workers. With thanks; from all of us.

12. jordan shoes says:

I’m also commenting to let you know of the remarkable discovery our daughter went through reading your blog. She noticed some pieces, with the inclusion of what it’s like to possess an amazing giving spirit to let men and women with no trouble have an understanding of specific grueling subject areas. You truly did more than readers’ expected results. I appreciate you for offering those warm and friendly, dependable, informative and in addition fun tips about the topic to Tanya.

13. lebron 17 says:

I have to point out my passion for your kindness for those individuals that have the need for help with this important question. Your real commitment to getting the solution all over became quite effective and have in most cases empowered those much like me to get to their dreams. Your entire insightful guide denotes a lot to me and still more to my mates. Best wishes; from each one of us.