Posts Tagged ‘Politics’
So great to see the fight for marriage equality get started in Australia in earnest. There is a march on Saturday August 1st in all Aus capital cities which I have written on the calendar. Everyone, come along!
P.S. Here is another one:
Originally uploaded by marcokalmann.
Obama wins! And mentions the gays and the disabled in his victory speech! I am hoping he will turn out to be a closet socialist just like John McCain said, and start REALLY redistributing some wealth.
Still watching the proposed same-sex marriage ban in California, which is looking like it will pass thanks in part to $20 million donated by the Mormon Church to support it. Maybe still some hope though?
This week was Fat Talk Free Week, and yes, I know it’s Friday, but I just found out ok? Besides it is a good policy to live your life by. Check out the official video:
Did you know that Sarah Palin is one of the polar bear’s only natural predators? Forget Joe Biden, let’s chuck this bear into the Vice-Presidential debate and see who comes out on top!
Here’s the Guardian’s take on it: Sarah Palin v the polar bear: who will survive?.
1. Being gay is not natural. And as you know Australians have always rejected unnatural things like eyeglasses, polyester, and air conditioning.
2. Gay marriage will encourage people to be gay, in the same way that hanging around tall people will make you tall.
3. Legalising gay marriage will open the door to all kinds of crazy behavior. People may even wish to marry their pets because, as you know, a dog has legal standing and can sign a marriage contract.
4. Straight marriage has been around a long time and hasn’t changed at all; women are still property, blacks still can’t marry whites, and divorce is still illegal.
5. Straight marriage will be less meaningful if gay marriage were allowed. The sanctity of Britney Spears’ 55-hour just-for-fun marriage would be destroyed.
6. Straight marriages are valid because they produce children. Gay couples, infertile couples, and old people shouldn’t be allowed to marry because our orphanages aren’t full yet, and the world needs more children.
7. Obviously gay parents will raise gay children, since straight parents only raise straight children.
8. Gay marriage is not supported by religion. In a theocracy like ours, the values of one religion are imposed on the entire country. That’s why we have only one religion in Australia.
9. Children can never succeed without a male and a female role model at home. That’s why we as a society expressly forbid single parents to raise children.
10. Gay marriage will change the foundation of society; we could never adapt to new social norms. Just like we haven’t adapted to cars, the service-sector economy, or longer life spans.
from Alex Day