CSSC

// September 20th, 2007 // Culture, Life

Had a most excellent time at Mighty Mighty last night attending the Cook Strait Social Club gig. Barry Saunders and Julia Deans both did amazing solo sets. Julia has such an incredible voice, it was bloody lovely to listen to. And of course the Samuel Flynn Scott set astounded and impressed! Believe it or not, I had never been to Mighty Mighty before and loved it. Sadly I have to report that the Fish Tales pinball was occupied all night. Next time!

12 Responses to “CSSC”

1. Joanna says:

One of these days, I’m actually going to introduce myself to you at a gig. But for now, I’ll settle for your mum telling me in the bathroom that I stand like her with my toes pointing inwards.

Ooh! Mysterious. Do you know my mum or was she just accosting strangers in bathrooms as usual?

3. Tricia says:

Fish Tales, the best pinball game ever! Have only ever seen it in OZ/NZ, though.
    Thanks for the review of the show.

4. Joanna says:

She was just accosting me in the bathroom. That always happens at Mighty Mighty!

5. Lisa says:

For your viewing pleasure… again…

It’s a bit shaky cuz I love this song and my leg was wiggling in time to the music.

More secret blog friends lurking that night eh! Thanks for this video. That is my favourite track from the album. Well done Craig & Craig also

7. Lisa says:

I was lurking right next to Jo even. Lurking.

Lurking in plain view – how masterful! Actually I think your video clip has given your position away… mwah ha ha ha

9. Lisa says:

That and it was me who requested they play Good Woman.

*covers mouth*

10. Joanna says:

That and you let us walk in the door in front of you because you were on the phone “Yeah I’m going to Sam’s gig….”

But I feel it is very important to point out that it wasn’t Lisa or I or my other sister Karen talking throughout any of the bands. In fact I even risked the sulking wrath of my other sister Anji by telling her no to talk through somone singing. And boy howdy, how she sulked. And her friend Hannah laughed very loudly a lot.

11. Samuel says:

wellington was the talkiest crowd of the tour by FAR! but i expected that. it was also the funnest.

We had actually talked about covering Good Woman so it was very odd to get it requested!

12. Lisa says:

Dude. I requested Good Woman on Julia’s myspace a few weeks ago… because I had failed to get it played by the Phoenix Foundation. I’m going to work on Fur Patrol… see if SOMEONE gives in to me.