New Vehicle

// March 13th, 2006 // Life

I have got a new vehicle to travel to university on – a bright yellow moped called a JinJiang QT-50. I shall post some pics soon. This will be great as I can get maximum work time out of the day if I don’t have to wait around for buses, and parking isn’t a problem! I just have to brush up on my bike handling skills.

A bloody great Phoenix Foundation gig on Saturday. Some excellent new tracks and cracking versions of Goin’ Fishing, Slightest Shift and my personal favourite Nest Egg. The venue was part of the NZ Arts Festival, a crazy giant tent from Germany that has stained glass windows and iron walls – amazing.

7 Responses to “New Vehicle”

1. Jessie says:

JinJiang! Sounds fun.

Nothing but the best of Chinese scooter manufacturing for me!

3. hers says:

Scooters are such a sexy form of transport. I used to ride an old Orange Yamaha – but that was in a past life. These days I do too many K’s on the open road to manage a scooter. :(

4. org says:

Our mum useda ride a scooter when she was a young lady (like y’self!) but she apparently ocassionally used to “drop it” at the traffic lights and be not strong enough to pick it up again so people would always have to get out of their cars to help her get back on it. And that’s how shw met our dad! (that last bit isn’t really true). Anyhoo, i trust that you are a much stronger lady than that, seeing as you’re a gym-bunny and all. ps. looking froward to seeing the phoenix foundation when they come to london – haven’t ever seen ‘em live yet! xx

5. tricia says:

Safe journeys here and there on your new wheels. Yeah, safety brushups never hurt. Hopefully that’s where being bright yellow will help.

Cheers for the gig review. We’re looking forward to catching TPF in Los Angeles; this time, without the in-laws in tow!

6. Ant says:

Very cool. Well done to you Ms Rebel With A Course [as in Uni... oh never mind] ;-).

7. Jessie says: