Terrible Two’s

// November 17th, 2005 // Kids, Life

Harry turned 2 only a couple of weeks ago, but this morning we were treated to our first real toddler tantrum! Archie never really had tantrums so it was quite a shock to us. As I put him in the high chair for breakfast, he just started screaming his head off. Of course our first reaction was to examine him for ghastly rashes or horrific internal injuries, but he seemed perfectly healthy, just very very loud. And the screaming went on for approximately 1 and a half hours!!

Finally when Archie left for kindy and I put on Elmo for him, he cheered up.

My god. Shoot me now.

9 Responses to “Terrible Two’s”

1. acp says:

next time… use condoms! ;-)

2. rosie says:

I can’t believe you are currently listening to ricki -lee, she is a tool.

3. Rebecca P. says:

Ahh… well my Laina is only 16 months old and she has been throwing some awful tantrums as well lately. Our doc says she is preparing for the terrible two’s. Whooo hooo!!! So much fun to have little drama kings and queens isn’t it?

How long do the terrible two’s last? Is it till their third birthday?!?

And Rosie, Ricki-Lee is not a tool, she ROCKS and was ROBBED of the Aus Idol crown – I cried when she left… Go Ricki!

5. Karen says:

Yes, Em I agree RIcki-Lee is no tool, she is possibly the best thing since sliced bread! She was indeed robbed of her crown as OZ idol!

As for the terrrible twos, just walk away baby, just walk away! ……….. No attention is the best cure for temper tantrums (as I’m sure you know).
    I found that especially when out in public it is mandatory to walk away and preferably hide and then nobody knows it is your child! You have saved face and the child gives up screaming eventually – win/win baby, oh yes!

6. acp says:

I agree, Ricki-Lee is the rightful Australian Idol, denied her trophy thanks to the “forgot to votes”… go Ricki you’re so fine, you’re so fine you blow my mind, go Ricki! (clap clap) go Ricki!… now who is the tool?

7. rosie says: