Da Dum!

// October 26th, 2005 // Life

Momentous day today – Jan and I have joined a gym! We went to check out one a friend has joined called BPM (yes Glyn, I know), where they have an incredibly cheap deal – $250 for 12 months off peak. It means you can’t go between 4 and 7pm, but what parent is going to go in the midst of Jungle Hour anyway? So we signed up. My assessment with George is tomorrow… gulp…

And later today I am popping up to Victoria University to enrol for CHEM 191 – Introductory Chemistry over the summer break. Keeps the brain cells ticking over anyway.

Happy birthday to my little brother Max! We’re off out tonight for a wild birthday dinner at Pravda.

9 Responses to “Da Dum!”

1. Martha says:

Cripes, you’re keen. I was interested to see that Simon is a specialist kinanthropometrist . You never know when you’ll need one of them.

2. Steph says:

Gymming is kinda compulsive, I used to be a normal balanced person before stepping foot into Bodyworks, but now I actually ENJOY lifting heavy things.

God I hope it becomes compulsive! Then I might stick to it.

4. rosie says:

good onyas, wow the gym and uni in one day, what has happened to the ems I know! You’ll be pleased (or not) to know that I have replaced going to the gym with sitting around eating from your package you sent me, hmmmm

5. rosie says:

and happy birthday max!

6. Steph says:

I think it became a compulsion for me when I managed to do my first full press-up easily, ever. The small wins are always the biggest ones.

7. Naomi says:

So George is from the land of Deep Fried Mars Bars http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/scotland/4103415.stm don’t know if I’d trust his health tips ;-)

Seriously good on you for joining a gym, I’ve been a member a few times but always give up rather quickly. I like the idea of being fit but not how you get there.

8. Steph says:

Oi, so am I :), and it’s the deep fried pizza that’ll kill you (in a suprisingly pleasurable way)