First Contact – Bad Impression

// September 29th, 2005 // Science

Giant SquidIsn’t it cool that someone finally got some photos of a live giant squid? But typical that in so doing, they felt the need to get the poor thing stuck on a large hook so that it could only escape by tearing off its own tentacle. Hey, way to make first contact, guys!

Apparently this one was quite small – only about 8 metres long. The largest ever found was 18 metres. Turns out that they grab their prey with their arms and then squish it in a python-like manner. I can imagine one of those puppies crushing a wooden sailing ship just like the sea monsters of legend.

9 Responses to “First Contact – Bad Impression”

1. ren says:

It’s amazing footage. Just imagine how much bigger the ones around the NZ coast are! Interesting they tracked Sperm Whales to find the Giant Squid. Maybe the Japanese scientists will start to see whales in a new light, not just dinner?!

2. Steph says:

Terrible comment to make, but let’s just hope the poor bugger isn’t particularly tasty, now that us humans know how to catch them.

I can just envisage someone going for the ‘world’s biggest squid ring’ Guinness record.

3. ren says:

apparently because the squid lives in water so deep the make up of them is different. High ammonia content would make them inedible. Just call me the sea creature GEEK!

4. Steph says:

Hey its factoids like that that keep the world turning… Like germany has 1 million more unemployed people than new zealand has people.

5. Gabrielle Spragg says:

Hello

** I Will Provide A Simple SEO Strategy for 2019 **

Looking to boost organic traffic to the pages that really matter?
    Everyone’s SEO goal is the same: To rank for keywords that drive traffic and revenue.

Boost your Google ranking, get more traffic and more sales for jemsweb.com

COMPARE PACKAGES => http://bit.ly/Best_SEO_Strategy

6. Jani Holifield says:

Hello there!

You Need Leads, Sales, Conversions, Traffic for jemsweb.com ? Will Findet…

I WILL SEND 5 MILLION MESSAGES VIA WEBSITE CONTACT FORM

Don’t believe me? Since you’re reading this message then you’re living proof that contact form advertising works!
    We can send your ad to people via their Website Contact Form.

IF YOU ARE INTERESTED, Contact us => lisaf2zw526@gmail.com

Regards,
    Holifield

7. Marianne Kirsch says:

Hello

I will Find Leads that Buy From You
    I will Promote Your Business In Any Country To Any Niche.
    ==> https://is.gd/cAtKM5

Regards

8. Jess Moyes says:

Looking for powerful online marketing that delivers real results? I apologize for sending you this message on your contact form but actually that was kinda the point. We can send your promotional message to sites via their contact pages just like you’re reading this note right now. You can target by keyword or just start bulk blasts to sites in the country of your choice. So let’s assume you’re looking to send a message to all the real estate agents in the USA, we’ll grab websites for only those and post your advertisement to them. As long as you’re advertising something that’s relevant to that business category then you’ll receive an awesome result!

Fire off a quick message to jacob3640wod@gmail.com for details on how this works

9. Tamela Bell says:

Good afternoon, I was just on your website and filled out your feedback form. The “contact us” page on your site sends you these messages to your email account which is why you are reading through my message at this moment correct? That’s the holy grail with any type of online ad, getting people to actually READ your advertisement and this is exactly what you’re doing now! If you have an advertisement you would like to blast out to tons of websites via their contact forms in the U.S. or to any country worldwide send me a quick note now, I can even focus on specific niches and my costs are very reasonable. Send a reply to: lethamidurr@gmail.com