Post-Birthday

// August 15th, 2005 // Life

Went out for dinner on Friday to Floriditas on Cuba Street. It was very nice, classily paisley, and Sam chose delicious wines for us to sample. Then it was off to the Matterhorn where for some reason we ended up doing absinthe shots. Some justification was heard along the lines of “I was/will soon be pregnant/breastfeeding so better drink alcoholic wormwood juice now I have the chance”. It was pretty potent stuff – one was enough.

Scored some great presents. I won’t itemise them, but big-ups out to my present giving peeps! Still holding off on the gift I really want though, the Canon 350D digital SLR. In an orgy of restraint I am getting a quote to fix my old broken camera rather than rushing out and replacing it. We’ll see how long I can hold out for.

The boys both have colds today, Archie stayed home from kindy and Harry seems to be bursting into tears every few moments. It’s times like these that I’m glad to be the breadwinner who gets to sit upstairs and type lines of code into a computer.

14 Responses to “Post-Birthday”

1. MiramarMike says:

So, what’s “absinthe shots” like?

Very strong and tastes like aniseed. Quite nice once you get used to it. Didn’t notice any hallucinogenic effects or green fairies though.

3. Joanna says:

Aha! I think I spied you walking up Cuba St when I was walking down it on my way to Indigo? It would have been around umm 10pm, and you were with Sam?

Yep that sounds about right. Yay for Wellington blogging and its non-virtualness! How was Indigo?

5. Joanna says:

Yay for stalking! If I see you again, and remember, I might just introduce myself.

Indigo has sexy new wallpaper and chandeliers that I want to take home with me, but Pluto have played better, and there were annoying talking people in the gig who should have been at the back of the room who ruined it for me. Bastards.

I look forward to it. Mmm, chandeliers!

7. Jessie says:

Indigo has new wallpaper and chandeliers?? Wow! That I must see.

8. Lisa says:

It’s really only on the one wall that’s opposite the top of the stairs and the coat check part. It looks great in that corner but the rest of Indigo still looks the same.

Black.

9. Joanna says:

No, there’s wallpaper behind the bar now that used to be that crappyass blackboard, and it’s really striking.

Sorry Emily, I don’t mean to turn your site into a huge big decorator’s corner!

No worries, obviously it’s a topic of great interest. I’ll have to go check it out myself one of these days…

11. Lisa says:

Well, I guess I don’t look at the bar. Unless I’m going for a coke.

AHhhhh coke.

12. samuel says:

When I want coke i usually go to the back stage area….

….actually thats a complete lie and i doubt anyone has ever consumed anything as glamorous as cocaine in the indigo green room. What i can reveal is that it has a very large comfortable area for bands which includes your own toilet! very appealing place to hide out in (as opposed to Bodega which has a shitty cubby hole next to the stage. It was great fun having Emily and Jan in our little phoenix backstage zone.

I hope Indigo becomes much much nicer, the new bar tender is Steve from Lie-low which was my favourite Wellington bar of all time but alas existed in the path of the motorway.

13. Jessie says:

Are the lovely Rowan and Silas still around?

14. Joanna says:

I’m so bummed that I only found out about the mythical toilet on the right hand side of the stage right before they redid the loos – which was about bloody time, although I always met interesting (or psycho) people in the long queues before.

I don’t want Indigo to become too clean though! That’d be wrong for a dirty rock bar.