End of an Era
// March 4th, 2005 // Life
I had a very strange experience in bed last night. Jan & I were fast asleep, when suddenly she rolled over violently and whacked her head into mine with all the force of a English soccer hooligan! We both screamed in unexpected pain! I don’t how she managed it – anyone ever had that happen?
Settlement day on our Newtown house today. I always get a bit nervous on settlement day! Hopefully it will all go smoothly. Then we are moving on Monday with the help of NZ Van Lines.
Things I am looking forward to in Wellington:
- A house of our own Finally unpacking everything. Hanging up my Xena pictures. Setting up nice bedrooms for the boys.
- Proper water Unlimited free water. A decent shower with actual water pressure.
- A life Going out. Access to friends. Being able to go to Phoenix Foundation gigs (if they’re at a reasonable hour of course ;-)
- Shopping The largest Warehouse in the world five minutes drive away.
Things I am going to miss:
- Wide open spaces The largest front yard ever. Running around with the children playing soccer. Going for my solo bike ride and smelling the manure.
- Peace & quiet No busyness or pressure. Watching a DVD every night.
PS: Forgot to add that I would miss Mother, I am now paying for it! But I only didn’t say that as I knew she would be staying in Wellington every other night…